What do I have completed this week?
- Created a mechanism to hold the result of the algorithm taking into account that there can be several algorithms running at the same time. The results are stored in a global variable called algResults. This variable is accessible via python console (e.g. “processing.algResults”).
- The signals are connected in a different way in order to close the dialog and quit the thread when the algorithm is finished.
- I have updated my fork and merged my work into the master branch.
- Added the runalgIterating method to the AlgorithmExecutor with some changes to support the signals to set the progress
- AlgorithmDialog refactored.
- I have been searching for a solution to stop the algorithm execution and I think that is possible to create a sort of checkpoints inside the algorithm to check if we want to stop the execution and raise an exception to stop the thread event loop.
What am I going to achieve for the next week?
- Allow the user to cancel the execution when running the runalgIterating.
- Solve the problem with QGIS dependencies on Ubuntu and test the refactored algorithms.
- Continue working on the algorithm iterating.
Is there any blocking issue?
- I had to postpone the tests due to some problems installing QGIS dependencies on Ubuntu.
- Didn’t had time to implement a solution to stop the execution of the algorithm.