Midd-term Goal: Implementation of the multithread approach using QThreads.
May 25 – 29 (1 week)
- Meeting with the mentor(s).
- Create a subclass of QThread to substitute the actual AlgorithmExecutor.py
June 8 – July 3 (4 weeks – Multithreading support)
- Implement the runAlg method with Signals to communicate with the main thread when the algorithm is complete.
- Test the runalg using QGIS algorithms.
- Implement the multithreading on QGIS python console.
- Tests and bug fix when running the algorithm using the console.
- Start implementing the multithread on AlgorithmDialog
July 6 – July 24 (3 week – Unit test and bugfixes)
- Finish the multithreading on AlgorithmDialog.
- Tests and bug fix when running the algorithm using the AlgorithmDialog.
- Create unit tests using QTest, unittest or both to assure the expected behavior of the runAlg method.
July 27 – August 17 ( 3 weeks – Implement the runalgIterating)
- Meeting with mentor(s).
- Create the runalgIterating method
- Test and bug fix on runalgIterating using QGIS algorithms.
August 17 – 28 (Unit test, bugfixes)
- Create unit tests to assure the expected behavior of the runalgIterating method.
- Fix bugs if there are any.